Sean Grainger (@graingered) tells me “the world we all share is one big story written by history.” I agree with him, our collective story is summed up by each one of our individual stories. He says, “Teachers are in the story-writing business” and that our fundamental purpose is to be what we want education to be.
I’ve had the pleasure to occasionally exchange tweets with Sean, and in many ways he’s influenced me to think of myself as a teacher. Maybe not the certified-type who commands a classroom, but the sort who plays a necessary role in the future of education. My contacts have dealt me enough insight to understand what kind of lessons the next generation will need in order to lead society through the transition ahead. I’d like to play my part.
Continue reading “If it is to be, it’s up to we…”
Wildcat2030 suggests that information overload is destabilizing our minds allowing for the emergence of the hyperconnected mind. He speaks of our increase in fluid intelligence: “the ability to find meaning in confusion … solve new problems … draw inferences and understand the relationships of various concepts, independent of acquired knowledge” ( wikipedia). More importantly, we can “find meaning in confusion”.
A “hyperconnected narrative” is needed, Wildcat2030 adds, “to re-appraise the context of our worldviews”. Our states of minds shaped by narratives which contain “stories within stories”. Through these stories our minds intertwine into “larger framework of co-adaptive consensual adhocracies”. We experience freedom when enmeshed in the coherent and integrated flow space of hyperconnectivity. Our hyper-intelligence helps us think more critically, denying the “rigidity of the Neolitihic mind system”, yet with empathy.
1. Nemetics is based on three fundamentals. nemes, nemiTubes and nemiSpheres. Focus of study is on nemes Exchange called “NemeX”
2.The term neme indicates a superset of replicators in all Complex Adaptive Systems. Replicators are memes, genes, “Lumenes”
3. Memes are replicators in Cognitive Space. Genes are replicators in Physical. Lumenes coined by @openworld in Emotional Space.
4. “Neme” is an acronym for the Learning process of Complex Adaptive Systems. Notice ornot Engage ornot Mull ornot Exchange ornot.
5. Physical Space is said to be Pwaves. Emotional , Ewaves, Cognitive Cwaves. a Neme is said to Collapse ECPwaves to a Neme.
6. A nemiSphere is a snapshot of entangled nemiTubes in which NemeX is constrained by Tacit and Explicit Rules.
7. A nemiTube is that pattern created by the Xchange of Nemes. Called NemeX.
via Twitter / @edKare.
Not clear enough? Try, Imaginal Cells in Nemetics
Try Sean Grainger’s Nemetic application of Complex Adaptive Systems for Resilient Education
“To me complexity is the game of life. And if I am unaware of the rules of the game and how to play the game I would simply act like a dumb spectator to this game of life.” via @dde337
Life is a game, the first rule of which is that IT IS NOT A GAME. – Alan Watts